Thread: How do I depressurize fuel system ?

How do I depressurize fuel system ?

I want to install an AutoMeter Fuel Pressure gauge in my truck and if im reading correctly, for the full sweep electrical gauge a sender is screwed on to the schrader valve positioned between the TB and Distributor. What is the safest way to depressurize my fuel system so I get no/minimal fuel spray out of the valve when attaching the sender ? Thx !
    2003 S10 Xtreme 4.3l auto ZQ8 ExtCab 3door w/ stepside bed
    I luv my Bowtie...
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2633342

Re: How do I depressurize fuel system ?

well if it just screws to the valve. you should just be able to screw it in with very little spray. other wise, just takeing the gas cap off will remove a little pressure. and then i guess you could just purge the schrader valve gently to remove the rest. make sure the key is off obveously
    99 blazer, 1.5" custom suspention lift, 31/10.50 revos, k&n, flowmaster, accel plugs wires cap etc, 1500+watt system, mild power mods here and there....i think the "s10 planet" sticker adds like 5 more hp.... (currently squished) we will rebuild!
    81 gmc 1/2 ton short bed, 350 with bolt on's and mild cam, 4:11 posi 12 bolt, tci trans w 2500 stall, slammed. current best et 14.66 @ 92.36mph in the 1/4

I would release the pressure at the fuel filter....just throw a rag over it while your doing it
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    2009 TBSS: SLP catback, Airaid CAI, Pacesetter headers, FMS stage 2 shift kit, MSD plugs, TR6 Plugs, PCM tune.

i've depressurized mine a bunch of times at the schrader when I was having FMU problems - it'll spray a bit but nothing major. just put a rag over it and hit the valve
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    "Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff."

The Mule: '03 sonoma ECSB, 4.3L/auto - E-fans, SLP y-pipe, 3" cat-back, CAI, UD pullies, free mods, A/C delete, XTREME80 tuned, Torsen LSD, UB machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs tall balljoints, coilovers and adjustable shocks, some ZQ8 stuff, ZO6 wheels, envoy'd, race seats, Toyo R888's.

The Bird: '95 Firebird Formula ram air, LT1/T56.

No matter where you relieve the pressure, cover it. Its going to spray anywhere you do it.

Thread Information