Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rentedmule's 03 sonoma

Re: Rentedmule's 03 sonoma

Sorry to hear about the charge pipe Tyson. Feel free to ask me all the question you want to about the mounts.
    1998 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2wd, 4.3L V-6/4L60E: , Wynjammer S/C @8psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen LSD, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump, racetronix fuel pump wiring harness, AEM UEGO W/B A/F gauge, LS1 E-Fans, self tuned w/HPTuners, best 1/8th mile E.T. so far: 2.26 60' 9.55@73mph <<<6psi.

Installed my E-fans today. Flex-a-lite FLX210 duals with a Maradyne controller/harness. They cover the entire rad and are even a hair big horizontally. The install was pretty easy aside from some minor bugs that I eventually got figured out. Multimeters really are useful, even if you're mechanically/electrically retarded like me! I still have to deal with the lower shroud, it's just sitting there crammed down by the fan right now.

Temp switch and fuse block thingy that come with the harness mounted beside fuse box so they're easy to reach for adjustments.

Relay block mounted beside the ABS stuff

I had all the wiring loomed and hidden but then I had to rip it all apart to figure some things out. I'll redo the loom tomorrow, I lost daylight.

I still haven't hooked up the A/C switch part of it. I tried tapping into the clutch switch on the front of the compressor but I think I need to add a diode to the circuit. When I plugged that into the fan harness it turned the fans on all the time, even when the compressor wasn't engaged. It's been hovering just above 0 celcius here so I doubt it'll be an issue for a while.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    "Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff."

The Mule: '03 sonoma ECSB, 4.3L/auto - E-fans, SLP y-pipe, 3" cat-back, CAI, UD pullies, free mods, A/C delete, XTREME80 tuned, Torsen LSD, UB machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs tall balljoints, coilovers and adjustable shocks, some ZQ8 stuff, ZO6 wheels, envoy'd, race seats, Toyo R888's.

The Bird: '95 Firebird Formula ram air, LT1/T56.

Mounts installed???
    My wife didn't fall for pickup lines, she fell for pickup trucks!

New engine mounts are for wimps!
    The world will drive you nuts if you let it.

Chain the B!tch down!
    My wife didn't fall for pickup lines, she fell for pickup trucks!

lol, mounts still aren't in. That's next, I swear!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

The Mule: '03 sonoma ECSB, 4.3L/auto - E-fans, SLP y-pipe, 3" cat-back, CAI, UD pullies, free mods, A/C delete, XTREME80 tuned, Torsen LSD, UB machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs tall balljoints, coilovers and adjustable shocks, some ZQ8 stuff, ZO6 wheels, envoy'd, race seats, Toyo R888's.

I envy your fan Looks good! I've needed this mod along time ago. Every time i talk to Al Martin (Wynjammer guy) He asks me if I've got a E-fan yet. I'm more hesitant to do a fan then mounts. Something about electrical stuff, I just never feel confident about doing it.
    Last edited by 12sws27; 11-02-08 at 08:44 PM.
    1998 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2wd, 4.3L V-6/4L60E: , Wynjammer S/C @8psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen LSD, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump, racetronix fuel pump wiring harness, AEM UEGO W/B A/F gauge, LS1 E-Fans, self tuned w/HPTuners, best 1/8th mile E.T. so far: 2.26 60' 9.55@73mph <<<6psi.

I'm the opposite - the last few chassis things I've tried have been miserable ordeals and the last few wiring things have been easy

Starting with a good harness helped me alot. It was something like $60 but it came with everything and all the wires were labelled. All I needed was a few more feet of 10G wire, some spade connectors and a bunch of heat shrink tubing. I've also read every single how-to and install thread on E-fans that I've seen for the past year so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into.

thats what Im here fer
    2003 S-10 ZQ8 - 262/M5 1986 Pontiac Trans Am - 355/A4

exactly!

Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information