Thread: camshaft position sensor 95 blazer

camshaft position sensor 95 blazer

It has a 4.3
    The check engine light is on and it points to the camshaft position sensor. I looked it up online through advance auto parts and it brought me to something called the hall effect switch. Is this the same as the camshaft sensor? What would this cause if it was bad?
    HELP PLEASE!

Re: camshaft position sensor 95 blazer

Yes, they are one in the same. It's located under the rotor in the distributor. When replacing the cam sensor it would also be a wise idea to replace the cap & rotor, too.. since they need to removed to get to the sensor anyways.
    I know how things go together & I'm not putting my 'Tab A' in your 'Slot B', dude..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    If you don't like it, then take it up with management. Just remember, I'm part of management and I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

This blazer is a 95. It doesnt have a cap and rotor distributer. It cas some sort of coil pack or something. Is it located in or under that or something? What would this do to performance if it is bad?

This s10 planet isnt as active as it used to be huh?

'95 4.3s have a distributor.. same location as on a SBC. Infact all 4.3s from '87/88-'04 use distributors. The coil pack that you are seeing runs to the distributor itself & then the distributor has spark plug wires comming off of it that run to the associated plugs.
    Having a bad cam sensor will hurt economy more than kill the engine. It will also hurt emissions.

I have an '02 s10 w/ a 4.3 that I had to change out the cam sensor..
    I know how things go together & I'm not putting my 'Tab A' in your 'Slot B', dude..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    If you don't like it, then take it up with management. Just remember, I'm part of management and I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

That is a wierd looking dist. Its much different looking than the 93 round type. Is there a cap? Is it located under there? Will it be obvious? Do I have to remove the whole thing to get at it?

Remove the two screws from the distributor cap (Yes it has one), and pray that it does not crack the base when you remove the screws. Do NOT remove the whole distributor from the intake manifold. If you have to, stand on top of the engine so you can see what you are doing because it is under the firewall.

The sensor is on the back side of the distributor, right under the rotor. There are 2 screws and two plugs that hold that on. You can't miss it because it is the only part of the distributor that doesn't use big wires.
    2003 auto Long Bed 4.3L ZQ8 + 2/3, Caltracs, rear disk, Auburn LSD, SS mirrors, Snugtop, 16" Zyrgo fan + VSC, 255/50/R16 Falken ZE-512, 2114 with 48LB Racetronix injectors, marine TB, TorqFlo Trans cooler, 2 BAR MAP, Accel 60115 distributor, A1000 FPR, Corbeau Forza seats, Mach headers, 2.5" front mount intercooler, Innovative turbo, Purple 3,000 RPM torque converter, EFILive COS3 tune.

If this post has offended you in any way, please feel free to leave negative feedback.

Thread Information