Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i disable my day time running lights?

Re: how do i disable my day time running lights?

Chevy S10 trucks
    Web site. Remove relay under hood on fuse panel, bend pin #85 or #86 over.
    1998 Chevy S10 pickup
    There's a fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. Open that, and remove a diode (which is conveniently labeled "DRL"). that's all there is to disabling the DRLs on this truck. The diode is black and it's the same shape and size as all the fuses, but it has the schematic symbol for a diode on it which is a darkened triangle pointing at a vertical line.
    1998 Chevy S-10 and Blazer. Underhood fuse box, remove black DIODE, 99's may be same, 2000's are not. AUTO LIGHTS ON:: 98-2000 S-10; remove pass side speaker grill and unplug sensor, replace with a 1000 ohm resistor.
    Chevy S-10 trucks - ZR2. On the ZR2 models there is a relay under the carpet,taped to the wiring harness.You have to cut the CENTER YELLOW wire to kill them. The relay under the hood trick doesnt work.

1998 GMC Jimmy. There is a sensor on the right speaker grill on top of the dash that turns the headlights on at night or any time it there is low light, you can't turn them off for any reason without turning the key off. Remove the two screw and unplug the senser, using a diode (any size) as a jumper to trick it to think it is always daylight. if it does not work turn the diode around, tape it in place.

1996 GMC Jimmy
    There is a "DRL/Fog" fuse in the fuse panel left side of the dash, #15, pulling it killed the wretched DRL's and apparently has not affected any other systems, all other lights work normally.

Re: how do i disable my day time running lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze_x View Post
    1996 GMC Jimmy
    There is a "DRL/Fog" fuse in the fuse panel left side of the dash, #15, pulling it killed the wretched DRL's and apparently has not affected any other systems, all other lights work normally.
    If you have fogs they will be disabled also..however, if you get in behind the fuse panel and look at fuse 15, you'll see two orange wires. One is the drl's, the other the fogs. It's a 50/50 crapshoot which is the correct wire. Of course, I cut the wrong wire. It works good now tho.
    '96 Apple Red SS
    '02 Pewter Blazer2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information