Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 4.3L vortec spider

Re: 2000 4.3L vortec spider

Disconnect the electrical connector from the unit to see if it's a mechanical issue (bad spider/injector) or an electrical issue (injector shorted to ground). If it doesn't pour out fuel with the connector loose, the problem most likely is a wiring/ecm issue. If it still pours out fuel, pull the upper plenum off, reconnect the fuel lines, and visually inspect for the problem while running the fuel pump.
    "The difference between being a coward and a hero is not whether you're scared, it's what you do while you're scared."-Sergeant Jeff Strueker
    Mogadishu Somalia, October 3, 1993

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/647081

Where do I go if I find one or the other issues?

Mechanical; replace spider?
    Wire/ECU; Scan for codes or test injector function?

Let's cross the first bridge and see what you've got.
    "The difference between being a coward and a hero is not whether you're scared, it's what you do while you're scared."-Sergeant Jeff Strueker
    Mogadishu Somalia, October 3, 1993

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/647081

Checked the connector, all looked good. No bent injector connections.

Pulled the plenum, fuel pressure regulator was blown off the module. Intake had fuel laying in it. Cleaned up the fuel and will install the plenum tomorrow, will blow out the cylinders, check the distributor timing and fire this baby up.

Will let you know how it works out.

Thanks for the help, Sparky.

Dang, thats an odd occurance. Glad its hopefully resolved. Did the regulator clip break or get bent?
    2003 S-10 ZQ8 - 262/M5 1986 Pontiac Trans Am - 355/A4

oh wow that is odd.... never seen that happen before

The clip may have been off the stays on the injector body but yes, I thought it was very odd, too.

Sparky, did all the checks, put everything back together, checked the timing and she fired up and ran. It's running a bit rough but I think that's because a lot of fuel got into the crankcase from the flooding situation.

Let it warm up to temp. When I rev it up it wants to die on full deceleration. Seems like it's getting better the longer I run it. I also have to hold the accelerator pedal all the way down to start it.

Also, the radiator doesn't seem to be flowing after the thermostat opens. It never got hot but I only took a little ride a few blocks and back. The cooling system has water only in it since I wanted to flush the system after I did the fix.

Gonna drain the oil and put fresh oil no filter yet, flush the cooling system and refill with the proper antifreeze mixture for winter, r & r the fuel filter and see how she acts after that. I'll put a couple hundred miles on it then do a full oil change with filter.

Let me know your thoughts, guys. I'll keep you updated after the fluid changes.

Thanks for all the help!!

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information