Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeze plug locations on 4.3L?

Freeze plug locations on 4.3L?

Hi all! Looks like a damn nice site here....

I've found this site due to some problems I've been having with my truck this weekend.

I started losing coolant like mad, and found that it's dripping on the driver side from teh area of the motor mount. I can see one freeze plug, but not another....how many are there on the sides of the block?

I've bought new motor mounts.....a rubber one and a steel one...got both incase the situation doesn't permit re-installing the steel one without removing the engine....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Freeze plug locations on 4.3L?

two on each side.. just like the SBC. In fact, the 4.3 uses the same freeze plugs.
    I know how things go together & I'm not putting my 'Tab A' in your 'Slot B', dude..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    If you don't like it, then take it up with management. Just remember, I'm part of management and I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Head View Post
    two on each side.. just like the SBC. In fact, the 4.3 uses the same freeze plugs.
    Would someone happen to have a pic of it? I need to know if one of them is directly above motor mount.....

Jason, isnt there also a block coolant drain plug on the side as well?
    2003 S-10 ZQ8 - 262/M5 1986 Pontiac Trans Am - 355/A4

If you're refering to a screw-in fitting or plug.. I don't believe so. Not to say there isn't but I have no knowledge of one. Anyone else know?
    I know how things go together & I'm not putting my 'Tab A' in your 'Slot B', dude..

If you don't like it, then take it up with management. Just remember, I'm part of management and I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Head View Post
    If you're refering to a screw-in fitting or plug.. I don't believe so. Not to say there isn't but I have no knowledge of one. Anyone else know?
    I hope so...I've tried finding images on google of the engine black for references, but can't find anything....

Alright, I found some pix of the freeze plug locations.. I drew some nice red arrows so you can tell w/out a doubt.

"Sir, after the rebuild do you want the block basic black or chevy orange" (Bubba) "Let's go with powder puff blue" Hehehehe Holy ugly batman! On a side note, it looks like its a good time to do those motor mounts...since one plug is behind it on each side

I don't remember where I found those pix. I forgot I even had them until this mornin.

I was jus playin' hehehe But that has to be the biggest water pump pulley Ive ever seen! I think it goes on the crank. Can you say..overdrives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information